Friday, November 9, 2012

Coconut Pancakes with Berry Sauce

Hello everyone! I am sorry it has been so long since my last post! School has been hectic and I have been going to the gym everyday so I haven't had time to get creative with my food. But this week, I finally made a fun new breakfast pancake! I started off by making my fried bananas and then making an egg-white fritatta with them; then the idea came to make a fried banana pancake! YUM! I made the pancake batter with coconut flour, which is a great source of fiber and egg whites which add protein. I used a small pan and made one big pancake; if you would prefer to make small pancakes try it out!


Fried Banana-Coconut Pancake

Fried Bananas:
1 banana, 1/2" thick slices
1 tbsp unrefined coconut oil
1 tsp cinnamon

Pancake Batter:
2 Tbsp coconut flour
4 egg whites
1 tsp vanilla
~1/4 cup unsweetened coconut milk
1 tsp cinnamon

Raspberry or Blueberry Chia Sauce:
1/4 cup frozen raspberries or blueberries
1 Tbsp chia seeds

1. Coat banana slices in cinnamon. Heat coconut to medium-high heat in a small pan; "fry" bananas in coconut oil until browned on one side, then flip.

2. After flipping bananas, add batter over the bananas. Put lid on and cook for 3-4 minutes over medium-high heat; then using a plate or large spatula, flip pancake over to brown the other side for 1-2 minutes.

3. For blueberry sauce, in a microwaveable safe bowl, microwave for 40 sec, add chia seeds & mash with a fork; put in microwave for 30 more seconds until hot.

4. Plate pancake and top with sauce. YUM!


A paleo approved, no sugar added, gluten free, and dairy free breakfast! 


What I love about using the fried bananas in this recipe, is while you are eating the pancake you come across yummy friend banana pieces! 


P.s.  I woke up this morning to the first snow of the season! It hasn't stuck to the ground but it is sticking on top of my car and our roof. 

No comments:

Post a Comment