Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Vanilla Protein Waffles

Hope you have had a good couple of days and a great weekend! This weekend I went on a fun date night and saw the movie Savages, which was good but very violent. Also, I put my 2 weeks in at my current job because in less then 2 weeks time I will be moving up to Boise, ID (my hometown) for school! My dad is giving me a great opportunity to go back to school for Civil & Environmental Engineering and internship at his work which is a water & waste water treatment engineering firm. I am excited but extremely nervous at the same time.

First off, I would like to congratulate myself for completing my 30 days 100 miles challenge! I finished with 109 miles. I am so proud and thankful I took on this challenge. This week's goals are: 1) 4-6 miles cardio, 5 days this week, 2) drink more WATER, 3) keep gym workouts at highest intensity.

Also this weekend I purchased new supplements! Since I have been lifting hard at the gym I got BCAAs (Branched Chain Amino Acids, in fruit bunch flavor) and Glutacor (Glutamine). Both of these supplements are important in protein synthesis and muscle repair & recovery. I will take 1 scoop of each pre and post workout with my NanoVapor (PRE) and Pro7ein (Post).

I also purchased 2 Quest Protein bars! I got Cinnamon Roll and Strawberry cheesecake. I really like these protein bars because they are gluten free, low carb and HIGH in fiber. They are especially delicious if you put them int he microwave for 10 seconds before eating them! YUM



This weekend I was craving waffles! So I made a new recipe and used my Cuisinart Waffle Iron (Thanks Uncle Ken). They turned out good! I will be trying out different quantities to prefect them.




Vanilla Protein Waffles
(Makes 3 Waffles)

Dry Ingredients:
1/2 cup almond meal
1 1/2 scoop vanilla protein
1 tsp cinnamon

Wet Ingredients:
6 egg whites
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 tbsp unsweetened coconut milk

Instructions:
1. Combine dry ingredients in large bowl and mix with a fork. Separately mix wet ingredients in a small bowl.
2. Combine wet ingredients into large bowl, continuously stirring to not make any clumps.
3. Set waffle maker to middle setting (mine was set 3, out of 6)
4. Cook until light golden browned on outside and cooked through.
5. Top with chopped walnuts, raw unsweetened coconut threads and organic fade B maple syrup!



Sunday I prepped about 4 servings of Tilapia and Sole for the week! I am so thankful I did this because I do not always eat enough lean white fish.

Baked Tilapia/Sole

1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees F
2. Line baking sheet with tin foil, and lightly grease foil (I used coconut oil)
3. Lightly brush coconut oil over filet and season each filet with cayenne pepper, lemon pepper, and garlic powder, to your liking.
4. Cook for 15-17 minutes


Served with steamed broccoli & asparagus and when reheated splashed with fresh lemon juice to prevent drying!

Paleo Preworkout before AM Cardio: 1 Banana, 1 hardboiled egg, and raw acv + water


AM Cardio: 7.06 mi run, 1:02:09, 8:48 avg min/mi, 732 calories


Paleo Postworkout meal: sautéed veggies (kale, red cabbage, tomato, zucchini, garlic) in coconut oil, topped with 2 over easy eggs and 1/4 sliced avocado!



Also, I made an at home PROTEIN FRAPPUCCINO!! Who needs Starbucks! 

Vanilla Protein Frapp:
1 cup dark unsweetened coffee, cooled
1/2 cup unsweetened coconut milk
1 scoop vanilla protein 
Ice
Blend

Beautiful morning on my patio!




Other Clean Eats:
Quarter-pound grass fed beef burger! I reheated the burger by brushing coconut oil on top to prevent dryness and microwaved, then wrapped in Tuscan kale, topped with avocado and tomato. The avocado "melted" on the warm burger and acted like cheese, it was delicious.

I read up more on the grass fed beef I purchased... Farmer's Market local beef! 100% Grass-Fed, Ranch Raised, Natural Lite Beef. This ranch is in Silverado Canyon which is 20 minutes from my house. The farmer raises his cattle in an entirely grass and forage fed way, while keeping the land in a sustainable natural state. The ratio of omega-6 to omega-3 fatty acids in his grass fed cows is a .16 to 1 ratio, while salmon is 3 to 1 and grain fed cows are 20 to 1. Support your local farmers market whenever you can!



Served with sweet potato fries! When I went shopping for the sweet potato fries, I was in a Ralphs grocery store that for the first time had correct nomenclature for sweet potatoes (and not calling them yams, read previous blog)

For the sweet potato fries, I cut them into steak fries and seasoned half with light coconut oil & cayenne pepper and the other half with coconut oil & agave nectar. Cooked in a preheated 400 degree oven for about 15-20 minutes, turning and checking occasionally.




Raspberry-Chia-Vanilla #protein shake and a 3 egg white frittata with red cabbage, red kale, onion, tomato, & bell pepper, topped with red chili sauce, red pepper flakes and STEAK!


Chicken Kale Salad: shredded chicken thigh, Tuscan kale, red cabbage, carrots, English cucumber, tomato, hemp seeds, fresh chopped parsley, & 1/2 lemon for dressing!


Workouts!

Jul 12 Upper body
#1 x3: 15 tricep cable pull downs (30lb) + tricep cable pull over (30lb) + 15 ab cable wood chop high (each side 30lb)
#2 x3: 15 cable face pull (30lb) + 20 cable ab pull down (40lb)
#3 x3: 15 flat bench dumbell press (17.5lb DB) + 50 bench russian twists (10lb DB) + 15 each side 1 arm bench row (17.5lb DB) + 50 bench Russian twists (10lb DB)
#4 x3: 10 hang clean w squat & press (30lb bar) + 10 bench dips + 18 plank alt arm row (10lb DB)
#5 x3: 15 flat bench fly (10lb DB) +8 bicep curls (30lb bar) + 12 bench skull crusher (10lb DB) + 15 Barbell bent over row (30lb bar)
#6 x3: 10 jack knife w stab ball + 25 reverse crunch w stab ball + 25 crunch w legs raised

Jul 13 Lower body
#1 x3: 15 Leg press (90lb) + 25 side ab crunch (each side, 25lb plate)
#2 x3: 25 SL Deadlifts (40lb bar) + 50 Russian twists (10lb DB) + 20 Squat (40lb bar) + Bench brief cases (10lb DB)
#3 x3: 12 calf raises (40lb) + 20 forward alt lunges (30lb bar) + 50 fast ski side to side
#4 x3: 15 front squats (30 lb bar) + 20 back alt lunges (30lb bar) + 50 high knees
#5 x3: (fast no weight) 20 single leg squat (each side) + 20 straight calf raises + 12 low squat holds + 20 wide duck foot calf raises
#6 x2: 25 toe touches + 25 leg lifts + 25 crunches + 25 flutter kick
#7 x2: 25 Cable ab crunch (50lb) + 15 high cable woodchop (each side, 50lb)

Jul 14 upper body
#1: 15 Tricep cable pull down w bar (40lb) + 10 Reverse curl w cable bar (40lb)
#2: 20 Cable low row (40lb) + 20 Plank one arm row (12.5lb DB) + 50 Bench Russian twists (12.5lb DB)
#3: 10 hang clean w squat & press (30lb bar) + 12 flat bench press (12.5 DB) + 8 flat bench parallel tricep press (12.5 DB) + 12 bench leg lifts (12.5 DB)
#4: 15 Barbell row (30lb bar) + 10 bench dips

July 15 lower body
Warm Up: 10 min bike
#1 x3: 20 squats (30lb bar) + 10 one leg lunge (each side, 30lb bar) + 75 Bench russian twists (10lb DB)
#2 x3: 30 Back alt cross lunge (30lb bar) + 15 Calf raises (40lb) + 50 skier side to side
#3 x3: (fast no weight) 20 single leg squat (each side) + 20 alt back kicks + 20 straight calf raises + 15 low squat holds + 20 wide duck foot calf raises
#4 x2: 50 Toe touches + 25 leg lifts + 30 flutter kicks + 50 crunches

July 16 Upper body:
#1 x3: 20 Lat Pulldowns (40lb) + 20 Wide lat pulldowns (40lb) + 10 Pushups
#2 x3: 20 Cable row + 20 Plank one arm row (each side, 12.5lb DB) + 50 Russian twist (12.5 DB)
#3 x3: 15 Shoulder Press (12.5lb DB) + 10 Torso twists (12.5lb DB) + 10 Bicep curls (12.5lb DB) + 20 Twisting plank + 20 DB Tricep Extension (12.5lb DB)
#4: 20 Flat bench DB press (12.5lb DB) + 50 Fast punches (core tight!) + 10 Flat bench fly (10lb DB) + 10 Skull crushers (10lb DB)
#5 x2: 30 Toe touches + 30 sec High knees + 30 Butt raises + 30 sec Alt butt kicks + 30 Leg lifts
#6 x3: 50 crunches + 20 Frogger Under Swivel


No comments:

Post a Comment