Monday, June 18, 2012

New Challenge & Meal Plan

My good friend from college is doing a challenge she did at school and it has inspired me to do it as well! I think creating a monthly challenge for yourself is a good way to set goals. The challenge is 30 days, 100 miles. The first night (Saturday) I was able to complete 4 miles on my treadmill and yesterday (Sunday) I was able to complete 4 as well. I downloaded a new app on my iPhone called Map My Run that has been helpful in calculating distances, time and calories burned while running outside, but I hear the Nike running app is better so I will try that one next! On Saturday my post workout protein shake was 1 scoop chocolate protein + 8oz of water and I made sure to take some Fish oil Omega-3 capsules.


Meal Plan for Sunday June 17

Meal 1:

2 whole duck eggs + 1 cup veggies (zucchini, tomato, kale, rosemary) + ½ avocado + 3 grilled asparagus spears
½ cup fruit (strawberries, kiwi)




Snack: 

Fruit & Veggie Smoothie: 1 cup frozen blueberries + 1.5 cup spinach + 1 scoop vanilla protein powder + 2 tbsp whole flax seeds + 1 cup coconut milk + 1 cup water



Meal 2:

Romaine salad with grilled turkey breast, tomato, cucumber, bell pepper, 1 TBSP seeds (sunflower seeds, pumpkin seeds, almond slivers), 1/2 lemon juiced



Snack: 

Pineapple, Cantelope, Watermelon fruit salad and Bing cherries

Meal 3:

Pan seared Tilapia (in coconut oil, seasoned with lemon pepper, fresh oregano, and garlic powder) + 1 cup steamed broccoli & asparagus + 1 cup spicy coconut carrot mash




To steam broccoli and asparagus:

Put 1 cup (or desired amount) into a steamer, add a small amount of water on the bottom of the pot. On high heat, covered for 6-8 minutes until bright colored and fork tender. Turn off heat and add 1 chopped garlic glove and 1 tsp fresh chopped rosemary, put the lid back on for 1-2 minutes with no heat; then serve immediately, or store in airtight container and reheat later.





Spicy Coconut Carrot Mash:

2 large carrots, cut into pieces
1/4 cup unsweetened coconut milk
1 TBSP unrefined coconut oil
1 tsp red cayenne pepper

Put carrot in a medium pot, cover with water, put lid on and bring water to a boil, remove lid and let boil for 25-30 minutes. (watch to make sure the water does not over flow) Drain water completely, add coconut milk and mash carrots. Once carrots are mashed to desired consistency, add oil and pepper and mix completely. Serve immediately, or store in airtight container and reheat later.



Final Meal 3 Product:






No comments:

Post a Comment