Thursday, June 21, 2012

Green Day!

Today turned out to be a pretty green day!

Meal Plan, Today, June 21

Pre-Workout: Vega Sport Endurance Gel

Workout: AM Abs + Legs Circuit, 5.12 miles, time: 43:15, avg min per mile: 8:26


Post-Workout/Meal 1: For recovery after my long run today I tried the VEGA SPORT Recovery accelerator ( must be taken within 15 minutes of workout, & same brand as the pre workout endurance gel). I really like this brand for supplements and once I get paid I am going to get the big package! I got the apple berry flavor, I remember there was another flavor, so I have to try that one too.


After the recovery accelerator drink I made a 3 egg white omelet with spinach, green bell peppers, green onions, garlic, rosemary, and white onions! I wanted to add salsa verde but I didn't have any. It was still delicious though.


Banana Kale Shake:
1 frozen banana
2 cups kale
1 scoop vanilla protein powder
1 tbsp flax seeds
1 cup almond milk
(1 cup water, depending on the consistency you desire)

Blend together and serve! Delicious post workout shake, refreshing and energizing.




Snack: 1/2 cup Walnuts and Orange Juice

Meal 2: 2 Zone Perfect, Fudge Graham Bars, I was craving them! They are too good and were on sale 2/$3

Afternoon Snack:

Raspberry-Mango-Kale-Chia Smoothie:
1/2 cup Fresh Raspberries (they were on sale for .99 per package! I bought 5)
1/2 Mango (peeled and put in the freezer for 20 minutes)
5 Kale Leaves
1 Tbsp Chia Seeds
1-2 cup almond milk

Blend & Serve!






Yummmm!!


Meal 3: 

*Pan seared Sockeye Salmon (seasoned with garlic, pepper and lemon juice) on a bed of fresh arugula
*Green beans and onions sauteed in olive oil with italian seasoning
* Roasted broccoli florets, broccoli stems, and carrots; roasted these in a little bit of olive oil and agave nectar! I have never made sweet vegetables, but I got the idea from a friend and it was a really nice treat on the plate! I added roughly 1 TBSP agave to a bowl with the vegetables & 1/2 TBSP olive oil.

I got this large piece of Sockeye for $6.50!! Not bad at all, and it is wild caught with the skin! 



Final Product, Dinner for 2:











No comments:

Post a Comment