Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Cabo Trip!

I am back from my spring break Cabo trip and ready to get back in the grind! I let go a little in Cabo, but all for the good of great Mexican food! I went with my two girlfriends, Caitlin and Megan, one of whom's grandparents have a house in Villas del Mar in Palmilla; right next to the hotel The One and Only. It's literally right on the beach! I had no idea what to expect when we went, but I could not have asked for a better play to stay and kitchen to cook in. The view was AMAZING! The community has a private pool that over looks the ocean that was 20 feet from the house, and the beach was another 20 steps! I went on walks and jogs on the beach, with perfect weather; about 85 degrees and sunny, not too hot not too cold. The only downside was downtown Cabo San Lucas was a $30 cab ride away; so we only went down there 3 or 4 times; one trip I left my phone in one of the hundreds of taxi cabs there! How we found it? FindmyiPhone! Thank you too my good friend Robert for putting it on my phone when I bought it. After 2 hours of searching, we finally found my phone; I was very stressed and had no faith, but thanks to Enrique and my two girls, we found it successfully. Here are quite a few pictures I took while in cabo! Enjoy...




Tuesday, first day in Cabo: Arrived and went to Costco and Mega to get food and drinks!

At Mega, which is similar to Target or Walmart in the states, they have 2 Liter bottles of Sangria and premade Skyy with lemon drinks!






On our way back from Mega, it was a must to stop by a local spot for homemade flour tortillas. I think it was around 30 tortillas for 20 pesos, which is not even $2. When you get the tortillas in a bag, they are still warm, we had to have one on the car before we left the place!



After getting all the supplies for the week we went to the house. First thing once I walk in, I see this is the view from the kitchen window...

I just about dropped to my knees it was SO GORGEOUS. I could not believe I was staying there for a full WEEK. This was a partial view from the patio..



After unpacking, we went to dinner near San Jose Los Casos called Zippers. First, let me tell you, whoever set up the driving in Mexico may have been intoxicated. The left hand turn system and U-turn system are crazy so beware of that! Other then those two things we had to get use to, driving was simple. At Zippers I split flank steak tacos; they were so simple yet the meat was cooked perfectly and the flavors hit the spot.


Day Two: I woke up very early for vacation 7am! I walked out of our bedroom to the patio that is off the living room and was so happy I woke up early to catch these views!





I started by going on a great walk on the beach and through The One and Only Hotel at Palmilla with my friend Caitlin's mom. 

We had to walk by the house's community pool to get to the beach... I was still in shock I got to stay here.



We walked on the beach until we reached the hotel, and it was also beautiful. I would like to try and have my honeymoon here because it seems to be the closest thing to paradise.






Once we got back from our walk, the other two girls were awake! So we started making breakfast, a health breakfast at that. Mimosas were a must! With fruit, eggs, salsa, avocado, and sweet rolls as the main course.



This is my photo I put together of the morning, and I am very proud with the way it turned out!



Once we had showered and got ready, we went to downtown Cabo San Lucas. We went to the Giggling Marlin, Senor Frogs, and Mango Deck.

At the Giggling Marlin in Cabo San Lucas! Their speciality drink: Skip & Go Naked; it was delicious and refreshing.

Chips and Salsa from the Giggling Marlin!

One steak and One chicken taco on corn tortillas from the Giggling Marlin.


The special thing about the Giggling Marlin, besides the Skip and Go Nakeds, is you can pay 3 shots for $10, BUT you have to take these shots upside down. We all did them! 

After the Giggling Marlin we went to Senor Frogs and then Mango deck. Both places were packed with people.

Once we got back to the house, we had margaritas and watched the sun set.





For Dinner we went to a restaurant called Guacamayas. Megan and Caitlin got the chicken fajitas, I got something I could not pronounce, still not sure what it was.



Day Three: I went on a morning walk again, gorgeous.




For breakfast, more fruit!



We laid out by the pool, had a great lunch on the patio, while being able to whale watch.

View from the pool..


Lunch..




That night we went to dinner at The Office, which is right on the beach next door to Mango Deck. 

Black bean nachos!


After the office we went to El Squid Row in DT Cabo, it was fun but crazy! They were video taping this coming season of Bad Girls Club which was entertaining to watch! I had never seen the show before but it was still cool to know a TV show was being filmed.




Day 4: Started the day with smoothies made with orange juice, strawberries, kiwi, and pineapple with scrambled eggs, salsa, and whole wheat toast.



After breakfast we got ready and went to the pool for a few hours.


Taking a break from the pool, we made a huge lunch. I am pretty sure Megan is a professional nacho maker and isn't telling anyone. She makes the best nachos. 



I had to have at least one Corona while I was in Mexico. I never drink beer though, so it was a mini!



We stayed in this night, made a nice dinner of baked chicken breast topped with sauteed tomatoes and onions, half a sweet roll and a side salad. We also split a bottle of Kirkland Vodka, which is so good and so cheap for how big the bottle is.



Kings cup!


20 minutes later.. we were over it..



Day 5: I swear you do not wake up in Cabo with a hangover, no matter how much you drink the night before.
Megan and Caitlin went swimming with the dolphins! I started with a Mango Mint Margarita while they were preparing. It was really fun to watch, and then we went to lunch at a TEO in San Jose Los Cabos. There were some cool gift shops, and a lot of them had the Dia de los muertos skulls. 




We went down town and went to Billygan's for Lunch!



We went to Mango Deck in Cabo again! It was not as crowded this time, but still fun, drinks were 2 for 1. I got 2 Miami Vice's, half pina colada half strawberry daiquiri.  We met up with a friend we knew from back home and went to where they were staying to go to the jacuzzi.



This shirt is too funny.


Two collages I made:





Monday, Day 8: We woke up, did breakfast on our own, and laid out by the pool again! For lunch I had salmon and a side salad.



After I was done tanning by the pool, I went on a walk when the sun was low on the horizon.






Tuesday, Last Day! Our flight was not until the evening so we had to have a good last day.

Final delicious breakfast!


Obviously we had to get one last good tanning sessions in on the last day!





Bye bye Cabo! Back to reality. But I am happy to be back in grind mode of eating healthy and working out! 



No comments:

Post a Comment