Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Tofu Part 2

I used some more tofu this morning to make my breakfast shake!

1/3 cup firm tofu
1/2 cup chopped pineapple
1/2 cup strawberries
1/2 scoop vanilla Pro7 Synthesis Protein Powder
Water & ice

Total calories: ~250 calories, 4g fat (0.5 saturated fat), 25g protein

This tofu shake turned out a lot better then yesterday's and I think it's because of the vanilla protein powder! in my opinion, vanilla protein powder is a lot more versatile then chocolate.

Now I am at work reading April Oxygen Magazine having my healthy and yummy breakfast!

2 comments:

  1. Hi Hailey! Thank you for stopping by my blog and allowing me to find yours, fellow foodie! :) I have to agree with you about vanilla protein, so much versatile, and I need that because I get bored drinking the same stuff over and over. Wasn't this issue of Oxygen awesome? Not sure if you eat meat but I made the sweet & sour chicken recipe in this issue and it was so good. Here is the link just in case since I made some minor substitutions. Look forward to reading more.

    Maria
    The Fitness Girl Kitchen

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just picked up the May Oxygen to read! I am excited because April was my first issue of Oxygen I have ever read. I got recommended it over Shape or Health or Fitness, and I have to say I agree. I also picked up April/May Clean Eating issue and it had some good recipes and articles in it. I made the sweet and sour chicken recipe also! I used peach preserves (since I had it already) instead of apricot, I saw you used orange? That would be really good also! It was so spicy! I was sweating while eating it. So the next night with left overs I made the chicken into a "fried" rice with steamed broccoli, green beans and quinoa. I really like your blog, I am new at this so I am trying to figure it all out! :)
      Hailey

      Delete