Thursday, April 12, 2012

New Shake!

After a good 3 1/2 mile walk to Starbucks with my pup jack to get a black coffee, I decided to experiment a little with this mornings shake...

I have been seeing people adding oats, ground flaxseed and chia seeds to shakes, and I have wanted to try it. Since I had ground flax and dry oats already in my kitchen I used these two to start with. It turned out so good!

I put 1/4 cup dry old fashion oats, 2 Tbsp ground flaxseed, 1 container Trader Joes nonfat honey Greek yogurt, 1 frozen banana sliced, a handful of fresh spinach & fresh blueberries, 1 cup unsweetened vanilla almond milk, 1 cup water, and ice; blended until smooth.

It turned out to be the perfect amount to fit in my large shaker cup and so I brought it to class!

No comments:

Post a Comment