Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Paleo Flank Steak


Flank steak was on sale at Srouts! I never have made flank steak, so I searched online for some recipe ideas. I still had fresh thyme and rosemary, so I found a recipe that inspired me to make this Rosemary-Thyme Flank steak. It turned out so good! I love the way flank steak can be used on top of salads.

Rosemary-Thyme Flank Steak
1 lb Flank Steak
2 Tbsp EVOO
Juice of 1 lemon
2 garlic cloves, chopped
2 Tbsp fresh rosemarry, chopped
2 Tbsp fresh thyme, chopped
Pepper & sea salt to taste






1. Cut grid pattern on both sides of steak. I used a very sharp knife to cut about quarter of an inch deep on each side.


2. Combine lemon juice, olive oil, balsmic vinegar, sea salt, and pepper in a sepearte bowl, whisk together ingredients. On a large plate or baking dish, coat the top and bottom of flank steak in the liquid mixture.

3. Combine chopped rosemary, thyme, and garlic.


4. Place half of the herb garlic mixture to top and other half to the bottom of the flank steak. Cover the plate with a piece of plastic wrap, and let the steak marinate at room temperature for 30-45 minutes.




5. Preheat a lightly greased cast iron grill pan to medium-high heat. I prefer my steak medium-rare, so I cooked mine for 4 minutes on high heat on each side.

6. Once the steak is cooked to your likeness, let it rest on a cutting board for 5-10 minutes to let the juices settle so the steak does not lose all of its moisture.

7. Then serve! I paired mine with steamed zucchini and aparagus which I steaked with chopped rosemary, garlic and pepper.



Final Product!






I also  had to prep my dinner because I worked the evening shift at work! So I made a spinach salad with green peppers, avocado, onion and tomato, steamed zucchini and asparagus with garlic & rosemary, and the yummy flank steak!



I used this Rosemray-Thyme recipe (except I added finely chopped onions to the marinate) on New York Steak. Unfortunately it was not as successful as the flank steak, but it was still very tastey.

I paired the new york steak with mashed sweet potatoes and roasted broccoli!



I love mashed sweet potatoes now. I think I may like them better then regular mashed potatoes! ;)


4 comments:

  1. These kinds of articles are always attractive and I am happy to find so many good points here in the post. I appreciate it very much! I am looking forward to other share. Thank you so much!

    Penny Pick Alerts

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! That is very nice of you to say! :)

      Delete
  2. This page appears to get a good ammount of visitors. How do you advertise it? It offers a nice individual
    twist on things. I guess having something authentic or substantial to talk about is the most important thing.

    Gourmet Secrets in Canada

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I advertise my blog on my instagram, twitter, facebook and I add labels for anything that the post involves! I am still learning how to get more views and make my blog more interesting for people to read!

      Delete