Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Paleo Started Off Strong

Starting paleo diet! I am hoping I can last for at least 2 weeks, I am now 3 days in and going strong!
First thing I did was went to the Farmer's market and got some fresh vegetables, fruits, herbs, and nuts! I got all this plus 3 small bags of nuts for $30; that's pretty good!

After the farmer's market trip, I made a successful arm and ab workout!


After my workout, I made a fresh smoothie! Just add water and ice



At the farmer's market, I got 8lbs of oranges for $2.50! I wanted to make some fresh squeezed orange juice. From the 8lbs of oranges I was able to get 75oz of fresh OJ! 



It only lasted me 3 days because it was so delicious! 




At the farm'ers market I bought golden beets. I have never tried golden beats before, and honestly, I don't eat beets very often! I know they are good for me, so I thought I would give them a try in a salad!

Before making the salad, I cut the both ends off of the beets, wrapped them individually in tin foil, put them on a baking sheet and roasted them in a preheated oven at 400 degrees for 45 minutes. I let them cool completely, then peeled off the skin and thinly sliced the beet.

For the salad, I used roasted golden beet slices, arugula, white onion slices, orange slices (peeled), walnuts, lemon juice, olive oil, pepper, and sea salt!


I was very impressed with the salad! I ended up making the same salad 4 times it was so delicious :)




Also with my lunch, I made a fresh fruit salad with sliced apple, strawberries and kiwi; with fresh squeezed lemon juice and some fresh mint!



I can't wait for the farmer's market this week! It is so fun to explore all the different produce and for relatively low prices! Perfect for my paleo plan.



2 comments:

  1. WOW seriously it looks so healthy, I really hope that you could stick with this diet because you know what people say, it's not so easy but I'm sure everyone can try it out. Healthy food = radiant glowing skin. Good luck! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I may not be able to stick with the full paleo diet, but I think that it can help me gain more self control and learn new ideas about clean eating. I enjoy cooking and eating healthy already so it's not as hard, but there are definitely parts that are difficult. I enjoy experimenting though, so we shall see how it goes! :)

      Delete