Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Homemade Paleo Granola

This morning for breakfast I was in the mood for something sweet and satisfying. I am still going strong on the paleo diet, so I needed to get a little creative. I ended up making a paleo granola! It was actually REALLY good, I will definitely be making a larger batch once I get more almonds!


Homemade Paleo Granola

Preheat oven to 375

Ingredients:
1 1/2 cup sliced raw Almonds
1 Tbsp raw Pepitas
1 Tbsp raw Sunflower Seeds
1 Tbsp raw Chia Seeds
1 Tbsp ground Flaxseeds

(You can play around with how many nuts and seeds to add based upon your liking!)

1 Tbsp organic Agave
1/2-1 Tbsp Cinnamon
1 tsp Vanilla Extract (optional)


                                       








Mix all ingredients in a large bowl. Make sure to saturate as many of the nuts as possible! One fully mixed, put granola mixture on a greased (with coconut oil cooking spray) baking sheet and put in a preheated 375 degree oven. Toast the granola for 5-8 minutes, until slightly golden.






After 5-8 minutes in the oven, take the granola out and let it cool for 5 minutes. 

Mine stuck together a little like granola bars, so I broke it up with a spatula. 






Final Product! 
Mixed with sliced strawberries, blueberries, 
and organic coconut milk!







Perfect breakfast! 
The granola can also be eaten as a snack throughout the day.


The sliced almonds act like the oats in normal granola. Both the almonds and the seeds add good protein, and the chia seeds add good fiber! The small amount of agave nectar adds enough sweetness with a low glycemic index! 








2 comments:

  1. I use the same flaxseed meal as you!

    How is the paleo diet going?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so going to try this! I am in a granola kick right now! Looks yummy!

    Maria
    http://www.fitnessgirlkitchen.com/

    ReplyDelete