Saturday, May 12, 2012

Mother's Market Success!

I have been going to mother's market for early morning breakfasts lately, I'm obsessed! They are a little expensive, but I don't buy produce there, and the quality of their packaged food or ready to eat food is really good!

While I was exploring, I came across some vegan pre-workout and post workout supplements.


In the past, I have not been a fan of pre-workout supplements because they make me crash hard after working out. I bought 1 of the sample packets of this pre-workout energizer to see if this would work for me! I will let you know.


Also, I found a powdered greens supplement I used to take. I really like adding powdered greens to shakes or even just stirring in a spoon full with orange juice. This brand also had a powdered super food berries which would probably taste better! I feel many people don't get the amount of greens they need in one day, including myself some days, so drinking a powdered greens drink can benefit anyone a lot in that way.



While waiting for my fresh juice at the juice bar, I browsed the ready-food deli section and found this POWER pancake! I had seen this before, along with the date flavored (Yum i love dates!), but had never tried it. After looking at the 9g of protein and 10g of fiber and craving something sweet for breakfast I thought I might as well try it! 




I was trying to think of a good combination with this power pancake. I walked past the dairy, and eggs, and thought "Oh yes! Greek yogurt!"When I walked over to the greek yogurt section in mother's market, it was Chobani overload!!



The middle row of the yogurt case, is ALL CHOBANI! I love it! Chobani is a sponsor for the USA Olympic team too!




They even had my favorite flavor; raspberry! I can't recall ever having seen a raspberry flavored non-fat Chobani Greek yogurt; but I can't say I was complaining!



Once I had picked up the Greek yogurt, an epiphany came into my head.... BREAKFAST PIZZA! I ran over to the deli and got a bowl of fresh fruit. 

After paying, I sat outside at one of the nice tables outside of Mother's Market. It was time to get to work on this breakfast creation. 


With a spoon in hand... I made this breakfast pizza to perfect.

And there we have it! Breakfast Pizza, protein style ;) 







I had also picked up a fresh juice from the juice bar; cucumber, pineapple, and kale! It was so good, and a lot better the the juice I had the previous day which was apple, beat, celery, parsley and wheat grass (I could barely drink it! haha).







For a workout, since I had done a hard legs day, I came up with an ARMS and ABS workout.



My friends and I were headed to the Olympic qualifier for Men's Volleyball in Long Beach today! The games were Puerto Rico vs. Canada and USA vs. Cuba.

Before we left, I had to make sure to fuel up so I wouldn't make too many bad choices while I was there.

For myself, I made a salad with mixed baby greens, cucumber, carrots, green onions, turkey, raw sunflower seeds, and raw pumpkin seeds; with a side of eggplant hummus and bell pepper slices, cucumbers, and carrots! Quite a delicious lunch if you ask me! And a paleo lunch at that!


Not sure if I have mentioned, but tomorrow, May 12, I will begin the paleo diet. I am hoping to be able to do it for 2 weeks and after that period see how I feel. I have no doubt it will be hard, but I am excited to be able to eat a lot of meat, eggs, and veggies! I will definitely be posting any recipes, or how I feel throughout the next two weeks.


I also made for my friend, an ezekial tortilla "sandwich". It is easy! Take an ezekial tortilla, if needed add a sauce you like (I prefer the Basil-Kale Pesto recipe I made), turkey slices, mixed baby greens, cucumbers, and tomatoes; roll it up and there you have it! 



The games were very fun that evening, Canada beat Puerto Rico in the first match and USA beat Cuba in the second.










2 comments:

  1. I love the Vega pre-workout drink. I really find it gives me a bit more energy. I think you'll like it. Good luck with the Paleo diet. I am thinking of giving a try but want to be a bit more informed so I am reading a book called Paleo for Athletes and it is awesome. Puerto Rico lost? :( Way not to represent guys! (sorry I'm from there :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so thrilled you are living this lifestyle! I'm a proud older brother ;-)

    ReplyDelete